• Environmental Law
• Energy Law
• Administrative Law
Professional Studies and Associations
• Mr. Francisco Javier Camarena Juárez earned his J.D. Degree, from the Universidad Iberoamericana, in Mexico City, 1997.
• LLM in Information Technologies and Telecommunications Law at the University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, 2001.
• Diploma in Energy Law, UNAM-PEMEX, 2005.
• Certification ISO / TS 16949 (as Leading Auditor) from Plexus International, AIAG, 2014.
• International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) / World Commission on Environmental Law (WCEL) membership, 2015.
• Mr. Francisco Javier Camarena Juárez is a Professor of Environmental Law, and Human Rights at the Universidad Iberoamericana León and other universities (Postgraduate and Bachelor's Degree Programs)
Publications and Awards
•Chevening Scholarship granted by the British Council, 2000.
• La Carta de la Tierra. Un instrumento de política ambiental en México ("The Earth Charter, an Environmental Policy Instrument in Mexico"), Anuario de Investigación de la Universidad del Valle de Atemajac (UNIVA), 2014.
• The Earth Charter. An Environmental Policy Instrument in Mexico - A Soft Law or Hard Policy Perspective, in the Book: The Earth Charter, Ecological Integrity and Social Movements, from Routledge / Earthscan (ed. by Laura Westra and Mirian Vilela), 2014.
• Criticising Regulatory Performance: The Mexican Case (Cofetel), Centro de Investigación y Docencia Económicas (CIDE), Working Papers, 2004.
• Elementos para un análisis del concepto de servicio universal (Some elements for reviewing the Universal Service concept), 1997, available at: www.derechotecnologico.com.
• Esquemas de Competencia y Regulación en el Sector de Telecomunicaciones, Universidad Iberoamericana, J.D. Degree's Dissertation, 1997.
Mr. Francisco Javier Camarena Juárez worked as a Regional Manager for the Environmental Ministry (SEMARNAT) at the Federal Government for seven years. He was involved in sustainability and infrastructure projects (i.e. environmental and social impact assessment, forestry regulation and rural communities, watershed management). He was also an in-house counsel with the Pemex Refinación, working in oil industry projects (under lump sum and turn-key contracts) and maritime contracts.
Mr. Francisco Javier Camarena Juárez's experience includes advising foreign and national corporations, in infrastructure projects, about environmental law and regulations (i.e. waste management, air pollution, water discharges, brownfields, integrated pollution prevention and control, land-use change and forestry, wetlands, protected natural areas, and environmental litigation) for different types of ecosystems within Mexico. He is also an Earth Charter and sustainability principles lecturer.